FRANCHISING AT A GLANCE
Marcello’s has locations throughout Canada and we have recently entered the U.S. market. We are actively seeking new Franchisees for existing stores and for introductions to new location opportunities. It takes skill, energy and resources to be a Marcello’s Franchisee. But most importantly, you must love good food and good people! Marcello’s Franchisees will tell you that they are very hands-on as all of our stores are busy places serving hundreds of hungry customers daily.
If you are serious and ready for a successful and fulfilling future as a Marcello’s Franchisee, then it’s time to get started.
- APPLY: Complete the confidential Application Form.
- EVALUATION: After an initial screening process, successful candidates will be invited to meet with Marcello’s management. You will be introduced to the Marcello’s system and given the opportunity to meet with existing Franchisees.
- EXPLORATION: You will spend 1 to 5 days working in an existing Marcello’s store to ensure that you have all the information you need to make an informed decision about becoming a Franchisee.
- LOCATION: Our support begins by helping you analyze opportunities within the area in which you intend to open a Franchise.
- AGREEMENTS: Upon mutual agreement to pursue the opportunity, we will jointly execute the Franchise Agreement and all required legal documents.
- FUNDING: Our support continues by introducing sources of funding that are familiar with Marcello’s operations, if required.
- LEASING: We will help you to negotiate a lease, once the right location is found.
- CONSTRUCTION: We will help create a complete set of custom floor plans and store design, and guide you through every step of the store construction and fit-up.
- TRAINING: We will enroll you in a six-week training program at an established Marcello’s location, where you will receive our detailed Operations Manual and recipes, along with in-depth, hands-on training in every aspect of the operation.
- OPENING: We will be there on opening for one or more weeks to help you get started, and then we will provide ongoing support in marketing, new product development and training as required to help you achieve your success.
All personal information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I want to become a Franchisee?
One of the primary reasons why you should consider owning a franchise is that it can offer you the opportunity to go into business for yourself with a much better chance of success than you would have if starting a new business from scratch. Besides the financial reward of operating a Marcello’s Franchise, Franchisees also benefit from being in control of their own success, control of their schedule, having time for family and personal interests and becoming a Business Leader in their community. Other benefits of owning a franchise include a proven business model and brand, training and management assistance, location and site assistance, marketing assistance and much more.
What is the largest franchise Industry?
According to industry statistics, the food and restaurant franchising category is the most successful franchise category by far.
What if I am not sure if I have all of the skills that I need?
Together we will determine if you have the right characteristics to become a Marcello’s Franchisee, and then we can teach you the operational skills you need and help you throughout the process. Support is the strength of what we offer through Franchising. The most difficult aspect of starting a new business is finding answers to your questions. We have been through this process many times and are available to help you with locating sources of funding, store planning, design and comprehensive training.
How will I get customers?
Since 1996 the Marcello’s Brand has been recognized as offering busy professionals an affordable gourmet marketplace right where they work, so customers will come to you. On top of that, we teach you how to attract new customers and keep them coming back by offering quality, value and a great experience every time. We ensure your success by providing professionally designed advertising materials, in-store displays and training in proper operation.
Where will I get all of the materials to run my Franchise?
Marcello’s has relationships with every supplier of products and services you will require. And because we have a large number of locations, we are able to leverage our buying power to lower costs and benefit from group rebates on several of these products.
Everything seems to be changing so quickly, how will I keep up?
At Marcello’s we are constantly researching and testing new products, equipment, and methods of operation, and passing our knowledge on to our Franchisees. As a Franchisee your business will benefit from being flexible and taking advantage of emerging trends.
What if I need help?
Our team of experienced professionals is focused on your success and will provide ongoing support with sales, expense analysis, marketing strategies and suggested training.
How much will I have to pay in royalties?
Royalties are a customary part of Franchising that enables Franchisors to continue to invest in innovation, improvement, and growth. Our monthly franchise fee is among the lowest in the industry at just 5% of gross sales.
How much is the franchise fee?
There is a lower-than-average, one-time fee of $25,000 that grants you the right to license the Marcello’s name, systems, merchandise and supplies.